It’s a special joy to interview your friends, and I feel so lucky to have talked to Édéenne today.Édéenne is a high jeweller having founded her jewellery house in Paris in 2003 after a major life-changing epiphany. She has such an incredible vision and the real grit to keep going, no matter what.
We talked about her life-changing experience and transition from businesswoman to a high jeweller. I loved her insistence that we have to keep looking for experiences all the time as well as not watching the trains go past, but jumping on the right one when it comes along.
Her epiphany at the bottom of the lake is just such a hypothetical train. But it is also a testament to the power of nature and how the answers are always there, if only we were listening.
Nature plays a big part in her work – from the butterfly to ivy leaves and precious stones. And this links her own belief about trusting her instincts, thinking in her heart about what she wants to do with her life, and how she wants to enjoy it.
“When you face the unknown, have faith, your subconscious will find an answer.”Eddeene
Points of discussion:
- Introduction (00:00)
- Epiphany story (02:53)
- Starting over – pursuing a new career (05:51)
- The biggest challenges Edeenn had in the early years of becoming a fine jeweller (10:52)
- The creative process (15:30)
- Changing the personal name at the age of 50 (18:05)
- What excites you the most, today? (22:12)
- Edeenne’s advice to someone who needs to make the change (24:34)
- If you could make one piece for one person in the world, who would that be? (26:42)
Takeaways by Dee (28:05)
If you have a question or feedback on the series send me a message on Instagram (@deedoubleespresso) or email me at email@example.com